Who is Eligible?
- Be a U.S. citizen, have legal residency, or be in the process of applying for legal permanent residency
- Neither biological parent has a four-year university degree
- Meet income requirements. See Federal TRIO Programs Income Levels below.
- Attend a target school or live in the target school area. Target schools include McKenzie Junior High, Fesler Junior High, Mesa Middle School, Santa Maria High School, Pioneer Valley High School, Ernest Righetti High School, and Nipomo High School.
- Have completed the 5th grade or be at least 11 years old
- Have goals of continuing their education beyond high school
Federal TRIO Programs Income Levels
(Effective January 2019 until further notice)
Include all persons considered "dependents"and other family members living in your household on a permanent basis.
|SIZE OF FAMILY UNIT||INCOME*|
|1||$0.00 - $18,735|
|2||$18,736 - $25,365|
|3||$25,366 - $31,995|
|4||$31,996 - $38,625|
|5||$38,626 - $45,255|
|6||$45,256 - $51,885|
|7||$51,886 - $58,515|
|8||$58,516 - $65,145|
*Listed income is for the 48 Contiguous States. Please contact advisor for Alaska and Hawaii income levels.
For family units with more than 8 members, add the following amount for each additional family member: $6,630.